Thursday, February 12, 2015

Book Blast & Interview: Help Me Move On by @angiehemmings04

Help Me Move On Banner 851 x 315_thumb[1]

bookblast

 

clip_image002_thumb[1]Help Me Move On

The Southern Ties Series

Book 1

Angie Hemmings

Genre: Romance

ISBN: 978-1502871800

Number of pages: 248

Word Count: 81079

Book Description:

Ally Dunn is a small town girl with big dreams planning a wedding that would never happen. Ally’s life revolved around being Eric’s wife…until she watched his best friend Isaiah step off that plane, his arm in a sling and Eric's casket behind him. Her grief consumed her, their last conversation not one filled with love but an argument over her favorite flower. He knew her favorite flower, he was just busy…fighting for his country. Isaiah made a promise to Eric, he would keep Ally safe even if that meant saving her from herself. Isaiah takes Ally away when her grief becomes too much but their return brings about something she never expected.

When Ally meets Colton Walker she knows her life will never be the same. She never planned to move on from Eric, the mere idea of moving on would send her into a panic. How do you move on from the man you loved, the man who shared your dreams, who made your heart feel whole? But Colton doesn’t push her, he doesn’t pressure her, he gives her everything she ever needed and he does it effortlessly.

Falling in love with Colton was like taking her next breath; she didn’t have to think about because it came naturally…only a cloud hangs over Ally. Isaiah trains her in Krav Maga, Eric trained her in gunfire. Colton sees all of this, asking the one question she can’t answer, why? Why would a woman who lives in such a small town need to know such aggressive self-defense? Isaiah vows to keep her safe, going so far as to track her every move…but why?

Surviving Eric’s death almost killed Ally, the hole in her heart never truly healed until Colton. Falling in love with Colton was easy, fighting for her life when everything she thought she knew was wrong…that was a completely different story.

Available at Amazon

character

Character Name: Ally (Allison) Janelle Dunn

Character Bio: Ally is a 5'7, brunette with dark brown eyes and a fierce devotion to the UNC- Chapel Hill Tarheels. She worked in the ICU for a year before starting the nurse practitioner program at Chapel Hill and spent the year after her fiancé Eric's death in Uganda working for the Peace Corp.

 

Describe yourself what is your worst and best quality?

My worst quality is something I'll always be remembered for. I became the bridezilla you see on tv who throws a fit because the wrong flowers are ordered or I just didn't get my way. I took something beautiful and I turned it into a nightmare but my best quality is I learn from my mistakes and I don't make them twice.

What is the one thing you wish other people knew about you?

There's more to me than the girl with the 10,000 dollar wedding dress. I'm not some pink wearing, afraid to chip my nails kinda girl. I can break a gun down, clean it, put it back together, and probably shoot better than most men.

I am not your average girl.

What is your biggest secret something no one knows about?

My fiancé always bought me everything I ever wanted. I didn't really have to ask, I would just look at it and he would know I wanted it and he'd get it for me. All except for this one painting we found in Raleigh. I can still remember the water lilies and how much I loved that painting but he couldn't buy it for me. It was the only time I really wanted something that I couldn't have.

What are you most afraid of?

I'm afraid I'll never be able to get over what happened, what I did...I'm terrified that I'll never be able to move on.

What do you want more than anything?

To remember what it meant to be happy.

What is your relationship status?

Widowed. I may not have made it down the aisle to Eric but he was my everything and I'm completely lost without him.

How would you describe your sense of fashion?

Comfort is a plus when you're a nurse practitioner but I like a lot of girly colors.

How much of a rebel are you?

When it comes to March Madness I have no shame! Tarheels rule and the Blue Devils can go to HELL!

What do you considered to be your greatest achievement?

I'm about to spend a year in Uganda teaching kids and living in a mud hut with no electricity and probably no running water but I'll get to help people that wouldn't get that help if it weren't for me.

What is your idea of happiness?

My idea of happiness died with Eric but I remember along time ago when I was happy. I can still remember the time we spent at his beach house, the way he was so careful with me and the way he loved me. I miss that. I miss being happy and I miss knowing what it meant to be loved.

What is your current state of mind?

It depends on who you ask. I think I'm fine but according to my grandma I need to get away and according to Isaiah I'm suicidal but he can be a little dramatic at times.

What is your most treasured possession?

My dog tags. By far the most treasured thing that I own. Eric's mom gave them to me and I promised him when I put them on that I would never take them off.

What is your most marked characteristic?

My strength. Everyone looks at me and sees this petite woman who looks like she'll break any minute but I'm a lot stronger than I'm given credit for.

What is it that you, most dislike?

My inability to let go. I can't move on even though I know I have.

Which living person do you, most despise?

Isaiah.

He promised me that he'd bring Eric home. He's a liar and he's hiding something from me I just haven't figured out what it is yet.

What is your greatest regret?

Fighting with my fiancé before he died over something as insignificant as a stupid flower. Who cares if he knows what my favorite flower. I just want to go back, I want to scream at him to come home, to marry me and forget about everything else. I don't want the big wedding and I don't want the money or the status. Screw it all. I just want Eric back.

What is the quality you most like in a man?

I like a man that's laid back, that calm exterior that's not too calm but just right.

What is the quality you most like in a woman?

Honesty. I hate, and I mean I hate liars.

Which living person do you most admire?

My grandma. She's raised me since my parents died and she has made it her mission to be everything I could have ever needed. Her strength is amazing and her love is the definition of unconditional and I wouldn't be the woman that I am without her.

If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?

I ruin everything that I love. I don't even realize I'm doing it until it's to late.

What is your motto?

Live every single day like it's your last because you're not promised tomorrow.  

abouttheauthor

Angie Hemmings is a self-proclaimed romance addict. Her love for romance began at an early age but after years of reading romance novels she found herself wanting more which led to her first novel. She's originally from Mount Airy, a small town in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains and she loves the art behind creating a new story. Getting lost in the romance, the struggle between her characters is what makes Angie Hemmings continue her work and writing is what she loves.

www.angiehemmings.com

@angiehemmings04

https://www.facebook.com/pages/angiehemmingscom

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7398893.Angie_Leonard_Hemmings

No comments:

Post a Comment