Saturday, June 1, 2013

Dream Cast: The Wanted Bride by Sylvia McDaniel




Author Sylvia McDaniel joins us today with her dream cast for The Wanted Bride. 

If ‘The Wanted Bride’ was made into a movie,  who would you cast? 


For this book, the character I would choose is Ryan Reynolds. The reason I like Ryan is because he’s funny, smart and to me he would have great come back lines. I remember him from the movie The Proposal with Sandra Bullock, which is on my movie keeper shelf.  To me Ryan would have the appearance of a lawyer and he could also just hang with people from a small town.

In The Wanted Bride, I wanted to reverse the traditional roles. I wanted a man who wanted to get married and a woman who wanted nothing to do with weddings. I had to give each character a good reason for why they felt the way they did about marriage and I wanted my heroine to be a very spoilt, rich, girl who had to learn what it felt like to have nothing.
Valerie turned out to be one of my favorite characters, and if you’re wondering what actress I would want to play her part,  I would chose Jennifer Anniston. Sometimes she plays ditzy characters, and while I wanted Valerie to have fun, I also wanted her to learn some hard life lessons. So at times, Jennifer is a little more serious in this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment